Responsibilities of the Advisory Board:
- Ensuring that the Centre promotes and develops community-centred action research guided by feminist principles, especially by the recognition of the relationship between violence against women and children and the context of systemic inequality and injustice in which it thrives
- Meeting a minimum of two times per year
- Ensuring that research activities are relevant to community concerns and the diverse nature of all the communities affected by violence against women and children
- Ensuring the activities of the Centre are committed to collaboration in local, national and international research initiatives by maintaining links with the founding partners, community based organizations in London and the Alliance of Research Centres
- Ensuring appropriate recognition of contributions made by researchers, students and community partners
- Receiving reports from the Centre staff
- Representing the Centre to the general public
- Advising the relevant faculty appointment committee on the appointment of the Academic Director and the Community Director to the Dean of Education.
- Recommending the appointment of new Research Associates (academic and community) to the Centre Directors.
- The Centre reviews and accepts Research Associates for a renewable three year term on an ongoing basis which must be approved by the Centre’s Advisory Board.
Responsibilities of the Management Committee
- Develop and approve a 3-year project plan and budget.
- Monitor the implementation of the plan.
- Develop and approve the annual budget.
- Approve the annual report and recommend it to the Dean for approval.
- Develop a communications strategy.
- Identify fund raising priorities.
- Develop strategies to increase the integration of the Centre into the Faculty of Education through shared initiatives and resources.
- Consult with the Advisory Committee on emerging and ongoing initiatives.
- The Management Committee will meet at least three times per year (fall, winter and spring) and more often if necessary.
Gloria Alvernaz Mulcahy
Professor Emerita, Western University
Professor, Fanshawe College
Equity Services, Western University
Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Health Sciences, Western University
Professor Emeritus, Fanshawe College
Professor & Women's Health Research Chair in Rural Health, Faculty of Health Sciences & Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
Assistant Professor, School of Social Work
Kings University College, Western University
Executive Director, Changing Ways
Professor, Fanshawe College
Sexual Violence Prevention Officer, Fanshawe College
Executive Director, Daya Counselling Centre
Dean, Faculty of Education, Western University
Associate Professor & Faculty Scholar, Faculty of Information and Media Studies
Co-Chair of the London Coordinating Committee to End Woman Abuse
Learning Director, CREVAWC
Associate Dean, Graduate Education Academic Director of Professional Programs
Academic Director, CREVAWC
Associate Dean (Research). Faculty of Education, Western University
Professor, Faculty of Education
Community Director, CREVAWC
Financial Officer, Faculty of Education
Professor, Ivey Business School
Chair of Management Committee
Dean, Faculty of Education