Children Exposed to Domestic Violence: Reducing Harm and Preventing Tragedies
A conference for Justice (Crowns, Family Lawyers, Judges, Police & Probation) and Community Partners (VAW, PAR, CAS, Social Service, Education, Health & Mental Health) to enhance collaboration in Risk Assessment and Risk Management Strategies for children living with domestic violence held September 20, 2013 in London, Ontario.
The conference featured a number of speakers including researchers and experts in the field to discuss risk management for children living in families experiencing domestic violence.
- A Teacher's Handbook: Understanding Woman Abuse and its Effects on Children. Linda Baker and Peter Jaffe (2002). This handbook contains:
- information about woman abuse and its impact on children
- signs that students may display when they are having difficulties
- ways to support students and deal with challenging behaviours in school
- The Centre for Children and Families in the Justice System has a number of resources to educate professionals regarding the impact of exposure to violence on children. For more information about these resources go to: www.lfcc.on.ca
Katreena Scott & Deborah SinClair
PPT: Identifying the Risk Factors that should Inform Assessment Practices
PPT: Making fathers visible in CAS-VAW collaboration
Pam Cross (No PowerPoint)
Strategies to address the policy and practice gaps between criminal and family justice systems